In our June 18, 2018 meeting the team established the following Guiding Principles:
- We begin all undertakings with the concept of good will and a shared commitment to ELO’s mission to “facilitate and promote the writing, publishing, and reading of literature in electronic media.”
- We consider Electronic Literature as a broad and inclusive practice and scholarly area of study.
- We actively pursue initiatives focusing on diversity and inclusion, both in providing equitable access to a broad and diverse range of publics and highlighting authors and artists from all Electronic Literature communities, including those underrepresented and marginalized.
- We value collaboration and seek partnerships with other related organizations.
- We honor our commitments to our sponsors and partner organizations.
- We are committed to open public access and will make our deliverables available for sharing and noncommercial reuse.
- We embrace transparency by publicly communicating our decisions and choices to our end users.
- We welcome and encourage feedback and input from the community.